Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday Words

Only Dean submitted definitions for last week's edition, so I guess he sweeps it.

hydromes- what you put around your underwater garden.

imbities- tiny imbeciles

gambal- betting everything!

Gotta have definitions for all of them (why, yes, in fact, I am writing a book) so here's my take on the remaining two.

lionsts- why the visitor to the big cat exhibit got mauled. (lions t's)

gogiotly- Holly's original last name before they decided "Golightly" was more titillating.

4 comments:

Randal Graves said...

nonpolo, a derogatory term used by the upper crust to their social inferiors.

stablye, a state that occurs after the lye stops burning your flesh.

Lockwood said...

Stablye cracked me up... nonpolo was similar to my take: the clique I belonged to in high school during the mid 70's

Mel said...

Wooter is obviously the guy at sporting events who goes "Woot! Woot!"

Lockwood said...

Mel- LOL! I always wondered what that guy's name was!