Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Funnies

Guess who else has guns and refuses to take their meds?
From BuzzFeed
I dislike the iconic "scientist uniform," but I like the gag. From Sticky Comics.

From Partially Clips; click to make it readable. This was a stealth joke for me; it took me a moment to get, which always makes it funnier.
Now if I could only find a decent $50,000 house... (from Criggo)
Lydia, take note. Don't do this to your kid.
celebrity pictures for your blog
see more Lol Celebs
Rob Cottingham's take on the Twitter outage.
Interesting discussion of some of the history of the above aphorism at Language Log.
Darkblack knocks it out of the park with "The Farce is strong with this one."
Tee of the Day from The Daily What: "Twenty if by Giant Robot."
Those darned transgenders are destroying my bachelorhood. From Probably Bad News, a recent find, as is the one below.
Probably Bad News and Criggo are mining the same ore, stupid and silly things in print media, but I haven't noticed any repeats between them. The one below is from Criggo.
According to Luke Surl, the zombie uprising will not go as anticipated...
Saturday Bulletin showed why I never really got into fishing.
Non Sequitur is an uneven comic to me; often it seems dull and unfunny. But when it's good, it's really good.

In this issue of SuperDuperComics! Superman Meets the Opponent he cannot beat!
Fortunately, my kitteh was fixed when I found her. Not that she was broken before that.
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
So to my female readers, is this self-referentially funny, or is its theme fundamentally sexist? (Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal)
cute pictures of puppies with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures
A very well-behaved class from Picture is Unrelated, though a little slow and wooden.
The most boring clown ever.
From Criggo, I'm pretty confident the above was written up by someone who never heard of the metric system, and doesn't understand the English system.
Above and below from Oddee's 15 geekiest tattoos.
Pretty much all I have to say about Woodstock, from Pets who want to kill themselves.

funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures
geronimo
see more Political Pictures. Wonder what Lou Dobbs would have to say about this one?

I was of an age that I never really got the popularity of the Game Oregon Trail, but I know enough to get the following from XKCD.
Cyanide and Happiness provides a modern update on the childhood taunt...
And another from Non Sequitur; I wish I could emulate his attitude.
Emotikhans. These need to happen.
Obama has figured out a way to keep ol' Joe occupied and quiet.
joe biden and barack obama
see more Political Pictures
See, this is yet another reason from Cyanide and Happiness that I'm relieved my cat is already fixed.
vladimir putin
see more Political Pictures

Are the differences biological or cultural? I don't know, but they're real. Part one.
Part Two.

Steam Punk Abe actually gave Tony Stark most of his ideas. From Picture is Unrelated.
Where in the world is this cow? That question has its object and subject swapped.
via TYWKIWDBI
Another find this week was tumblr feeds. The above is from Julia Segal, as is the below Louisiana commemorative quarter, celebrating the true spirit of Mardi Gras.

Have a great week, and I'll see you in the Funnies!

1 comment:

pygalgia said...

Thanks for the laughs