Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturd80's

Blogger buddy Tengrain has a feature called "Flashback Friday," wherein he posts a few clips of (mostly) 80's music videos; the below is swiped from his post yesterday. I used to have this on vinyl, an ancient technology that has remained surprisingly intact into the modern era. I haven't heard this song for years, and I'm pleased to report that it stands the test of time well. Based on the fashions and make up, I don't think the video actually dates to the era of the song- more likely the last ten years or so.

As I've mentioned before, I tend to set aside videos for the weekends, when my RSS is less of a torrent. Since I'm just now catching up with them, my last two posts have been prompted by Tengrain's video posts. But never fear, I do try to add extra content to most of my pirated posts, and unless I point out some reason otherwise, you're always welcome to pirate whatever you like from me... although I would appreciate an attribution for stuff I've created myself- photos, writing, graphics and so on (I gotta get that Creative Commons bit figured out). I do try to be clear about what I have created, or where I found stuff.

The below is the English version of a song most have long forgotten, except for an occasional flurry of popularity after a portion of the music is used in a commercial. And I always loved Max Headroom.

There's a German version of the same video here, sans Max Headroom and the gratuitous censorship of cartoon violence, but embedding is disabled. The last clip I'll put up is an oddly funny yet creepy video by Art of Noise. My take on this is that it's trying to get at the spookyness of using destruction as entertainment. I'm very fond of this group, and there's another clip I'll put up some other time with them and Max Head room. Actually, I thought I had already posted it.

No comments: