Thursday, February 3, 2011

Not Telling.

I need to just stop reading press releases. Seriously. They either piss me off or disappoint me. This one does both:
New model for how Nevada gold deposits formed may help in gold exploration
So silly ol' me, I kind of assumed this might tell me something about a new model for Nevada (Carlin-type) gold deposits, and how this might help in exploration for such deposits. HA! Here's the closest it gets:
The team relates formation of the gold deposits to a change in plate tectonics and a major magma event about 40 million years ago. It is the most complete explanation for Carlin-type gold deposits to date.
So after reading what is, to be fair, not a bad summary of what Carlin-type deposits are- though redundant for me- the press release ends with that. Five minutes wasted. Sigh. This is my theory, which is mine, and it is, as follows, mine: Brontosauruses were narrow at the end, much, much thicker in the middle, and then thinner again at the other end.

Thanks, perfesser.

1 comment:

Silver Fox said...

Have seen several versions of talks by the authors in the last two yrs, haven't heard much about how it can or has helped exploration. Will try to remember to ask this question again nxt time I see related people. (Not that I'd post the answer, mind you.)