Thursday, February 3, 2011

Not My Fault

Predictable, really:
Rumsfeld accepts almost no blame for the mistakes in Iraq in his 800-page autobiography Known and Unknown, copies of which have been obtained and published in excerpt by the New York Times and the Washington Post. Instead, he fingers the US diplomat in charge of postwar Iraq, Paul Bremer, and criticises the former secretary of state, Colin Powell, and the former national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice.
Yeah, it was all those known unknown unknown knowns that were the problem. And all those other guys. And the President and Vice President. And Senators and stuff. But Saddam is gone, so it's all good. Really. I just feel peachy about the whole thing.

800 pages of stuff I can get for free in any cow pasture. I enjoy books on politics- a surprise I wasn't expecting when I was younger- and frequently learn a lot from them. And, yes, that includes a number of books written from a conservative perspective, not just Michael Moore and Al Franken. But I won't be reading this one, I'm afraid.

No comments: