Friday, March 13, 2009

I Just Don't Get It

The inhumanity of humanity is beyond my comprehension. From The Guardian:
Her brutal murder took place last April, and since then a tide of violence against lesbian women in South Africa has continued to rise. Human rights campaigners say it is characterised by what they call "corrective rape" committed by men behind the guise of trying to "cure" lesbian women of their sexual orientation.
Yeah. That'll learn 'er good.

You know, I feel guilty for days when I hurt someone's feelings accidentally. When I discovered, an hour after the fact, why my cat had suddenly yowled and spat at me (I had rolled a wheel on my desk chair over some of her fur, which I found later as a fairly substantial tuft), I felt awful, and spent hours lavishing attention on her.

How can anyone treat a human being this way?

No wonder Jesus wept. It makes me feel like crying too.

No comments: