Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Geo 365/730/1095: Mapping ALL The Geo!

Yesterday, Ron Schott sent me the link and the embed code for his ongoing project to map all the locations in my own ongoing "Geo" series. Theoretically, you should be able to drag and zoom the above map to explore all of the (currently) 736 photos and descriptions in the project. In practice, especially in the Geo 365 set, I frequently reused the exact same lat/lon FlashEarth location for photos in close proximity to one another, which means several "dots" are imposed on a single point, and are not individually resolvable. This past year, I made an effort to shift the location each day, at least slightly, but I suspect that unless you are zoomed in to a high degree, they may still be difficult to resolve individually. If you'd prefer to open this as a full window, which I recommend, the map can be accessed here.

As a reminder, this series was and is not intended to be devoted specifically to Oregon geology- though goodness knows, I've barely scratched the surface here. The focus on Oregon simply reflects the fact that I've spent very little time out of the state since I acquired a digital camera. In Dana's and my geogalvanting over the last four years and a few months, we've just skimmed into northwestern-most California one day, and northwest-most Nevada on another. But we're making planz... heh, heh, heh!

No comments: