Sunday, January 4, 2015

Geo 1095: January 4, Day 734: Boring Oregon City

The final shot of October 10, 2012, was somewhat disappointing, but still enough fun to post. I've been seeing photos of road signs labeled "Boring Oregon City" for years, but had never had a chance to shoot my own. In this drive-by, I was hurriedly trying to drag my camera out of its case as we approached; I had already put it away. Once I got it out, I had only a second or two to point and shoot, with no possibility of a second chance. Annnd... I cut it off. Oh well, still funny. And it's the type locality of the Boring Lava Field, so it's not entirely geologically irrelevant. It actually brings us nearly full circle, back to early in the day. Callan Bently has a post on a field trip through this unit. In the meantime, here's a somewhat more successful shot (from here):
(To be clear, "Boring" and "Oregon City" are two different communities.)

Photo unmodified. October 10, 2012. FlashEarth Location.

No comments: