Thursday, June 11, 2009

BBC: "Swedish pirates capture EU seat."

I meant to post this yesterday, then forgot. But it's too good to allow it to simply fade away:
The group - which campaigned on reformation of copyright and patent law - secured 7.1% of the Swedish vote. The result puts the Pirate Party in fifth place, behind the Social Democrats, Greens, Liberals and the Moderate Party.
So with the Pirate Party gaining political power, I may have to rethink my attitude toward the Rapture and the Apocalypse. Can the Flying Spaghetti Monster (may you be touched by His Noodley Appendage) be far off?

2 comments:

Dean Wormer said...

Go pirate party.

Speaking of the FSM- I want to win the lottery just so I can thank him and pirates.

That 23 SD kid that won the 220 million dollar powerball a couple of weeks ago thanked god. Really rubbed me the wrong way. I'm pretty sure that if there is a god there would be a lot of people more deserving.

Lockwood said...

Guess I missed the powerball story. But I agree, the practice of attributing random events to god is one of the (many) factors that drives me away from religion.