Thursday, May 28, 2009

Same Same Sex Marraige

I think I support it.I'm not going to embed the video, but you can watch it here. The above is a screen capture from the closing seconds of NOM's new advertisement. So those adamant folks who want to reserve "marraige" (cripe, I can't even spell that) for one man, one woman, can have their way. And my gay friends can finally get acknowledgement that they have a right to marriage. (Hat tip to Sadly, No)

I guess my concern is that it may require more enunciation skills than the supporters of marraige are generally able to muster. So here's my contibution: "mair-idj" is a good phonetic approximation of "marriage." This new thing that NOM is proposing should be pronounced "mair-rage." Sort of like "air raid," but with emphasis on "rage."

And speaking of "NOM," here's what I'm hypothesizing.

Followup: No, I don't support "Same Same Sex Marraige." That's the whole point... marraige is supposed to be between a man and a woman only, AND in that order: man first. Whew! It's pretty difficult to keep up with the mental machinations of those darned republicans!

Followup 2: (Friday, May 29) Awww... the video at the link above "has been removed by the user." Wonder why?

1 comment:

Dr. Zaius said...

It's a good thing that we have important issues like this to discuss to keep us from talking about things like war, torture and the economy. ;o)