Thursday, February 12, 2009

Well, I'll Be A Monkey's Nephew!

I wasn't expecting to do anything for Darwin Day (today is the 200th anniversary of both his and Abraham Lincoln's births), not because I'm not interested, but because there doesn't really seem to be anything I can add to the tremendous amount of great stuff that's out there. If you want more on Darwin, click through some of the geoblogosphere links on the sidebar. Not every geoblogger is "doing Darwin," but many are (and get your mind out of the gutter).

However, I came across this site a little bit ago, and I haven't seen any geobuddies post it, so here you go. The general idea is that you upload a picture of your present incarnation, and the site will devolve you into any (or all) of four prehistoric hominids. Here is my extant corpus, the basis for the following:
And here is my (approximately) 125,000th great grandfather, Lockwoodo habilis: And a couple tens of thousands of generations later, Lockwoodo erectus:I really like those early Pleistocene glasses in the second picture, but this engine really doesn't seem to know what to make of my beard; contrary to popular conception, the lower half of my lineage's head has become more, not less, hairy through time. Happy D-Day!

BTW- I had to use the "Shift-PrtSc" operation and paste this in Paint, then crop it; I didn't see any way to directly save the picture.

1 comment:

Dean Wormer said...

I did that with a pic of Rush Limbaugh and all three were the same.

Hmmmm.