Monday, September 13, 2010

Perspective

Via Newsweek, a graphic to illustrate the size of the portal to the rest of the world, from the perspective of the trapped Chilean miners. (reduced 30% to fit; click to see full-size) The question I still haven't seen addressed- though I haven't looked that hard- is how they're meeting their sanitary needs. Is there a corner that simply drains off to deeper levels? Still, from everything I've heard, they're doing very well indeed, in terms of both physical and psychological health. I anticipate that they'll actually have more difficulty dealing with celebrity and loss of privacy after the ordeal than they're having with the current situation.

They're in my thoughts.

1 comment:

D. G. Matt said...

Nasa is on the scene, so I suspect they collect the waste like they would from astronauts, then launch those baggies into orbit.