Sunday, July 12, 2009

Danger! Danger Will Robinson!

When I started up my computer this morning, it told me the "config/sys" file was missing or corrupted. I immediately went into shock.

At any rate, my friend Todd has got the thing up on Linux, connected to the innertubez and we are now in the process of transferring ~ 4 gig of non-replaceable data onto my flash drive so we can proceed with (I guess) some sorts of operations to repair the glitch- which may take out (require reformatting) the C-drive in the process. Hopefully we can get this sorted out; I honestly don't know what I'd do without my faithful internet.

Rain Today (funny story there). Probably no Sunday Funnies this week. Wish me luck.

Followup, 3:48: So we moved some files to make some more room, took the computer off of its Ubuntu life support, then restarted in Windoze to make repairs. It started up just like nothing had ever been wrong. I don't understand Microsoft; I don't think anybody (including Microsoft) does. At any rate, I think I'll call my laptop "Lazarus." At least until the next time it dies.

And I'm adding the "Not Dead Yet" tag to this post.

No comments: