Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Funnies

In entertainment news, Big Bird has been hanging out with Amy Winehouse. I'm very sad, but confident he'll get his life back on track. (From Rolfrazzi)
In disinfotainment news, The Fox Family lost Uncle Wertzlemurdbachmanegger (or however he thinks "Joe" is spelled), because he's frustrated with Republican runaway spending... though upon being questioned, it's not clear what spending he thinks should be cut.Driftglass is frustrated too. Now he's going to have to get everyone seated for a new family portrait. Take a look at the full-size original here... it belongs in the Louvre (and wouldn't that piss off the Faux Crew?).
Oddee had a hilarious compilation of the 15 Cruelest Captchas. Since I have sort of a soft spot for playing with Captchas, this one tickled me good. Ranging from insulting to offensive to just plain impossible, this was defintely worth looking over.I suppose this was an obvious joke, but anything that manages to get humor, coffee and chemistry in the same joke deserves recognition. (From Saturday Bulletin)

If you ever thought it might be a good idea to have a comedian as commander-in-chief, think no longer. It is (a good idea). Next up: Al Franken. (This is from last night's White House Press Correspondent's Dinner... longish at 17 minutes, and the sound is not well synchronized, but very funny, and refreshing after "I know those weapons must be around here somewhere." Haw Haw!!! Nothing is as funny as mocking young Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis dying in an illegal, unjustified war.)

I've been enjoying Duhism for a couple of weeks now. I posted one of his little pellets... I mean pearls... of wisdom last week. Here's another Duhist koan that goes quite a way to explain the nature of this earthly plane: "This is life. Life is art. Art is beauty. Beauty is skin deep. A pimple is skin deep. Therefore… This is Zit."
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures. Lolcats are a strange compulsion. I guess the clearest explanation I can offer is that a week without Lolcats is like a week without... Lolcats. Sorry.
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures. Ozma has been doing a lot of the above lately, and I was relieved to see that it's considered normal.

Given the release of the new Star Trek Movie, I thought it might be important to note that there are already Vulcans among us. In addition to the president, I mean.
barack obama
see more Political Pictures

On the topic of science fiction, I'll never be able to regard R2D2 as fondly as I once did now that I realize he's running Windoze.
carrie fisher, princess leia, r2d2
see more Lol Celebs.

This was one I sort put aside a week or two ago, and have been marking as "not read," figuring I'd get to it eventually. I finally did get to it today, and I'm awfully glad I did. It's worth watching just for the "no underwear in space" comment.
Who knew Vader was such a softy at heart?
darth vader
Be careful this week at work. The swine flu is still out there, and while not as nasty as first feared, it's still pretty unpleasant according to reports. It's increasingly widespread, and responsible sources (i.e., NOT US television) keep telling us the most effective measures in combatting it are frequent, low-tech hygenic practices, like washing your hand(s)...
engrish-funny-gargle-toilet
...though I'm not really sure this is what they had in mind.
see more Engrish.

No comments: