Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Geo 365: Feb. 20, Day 51: Abert Lake

After we'd admired Abert Rim for a while, Dana and Intrepid Companion decided to walk down to the lake edge and get a closer look at the birds and water. The birds are not evident at the resolution above, so here's a crop:
Dana captured some amusing video of the birds' behavior, which I have assumed relates to them herding the brine shrimp into tighter clusters for feeding. I also extended this crop vertically to include the opposite shore; note again the subtle horizontal lineations, which are likely recessional shorelines of pluvial Lake Chewaucan. The crop, incidentally, is at the scale and resolution at which my camera takes photos by default. I really need to figure it out, because I know I'm not taking advantage of its full capabilities,

Photos unmodified. August 20, 2011. FlashEarth Location.

No comments: