Friday, January 14, 2011

Silvio, Silvio

Why does this not surprise me?
The chief prosecutor in his home city of Milan said the Italian prime minister had been formally placed under investigation on suspicion of having sex with an underage prostitute. He was also accused of abusing his position to pressure the police.
Say what you will about US officials from, yes, across the political spectrum. I can't think of anyone whose "wandering genital syndrome" has gone this far out of hand. So to speak. I can't tell if he's trying to look contrite and ashamed, or if he's smirking.
Followup: I just mentioned this tidbit to fellow smokers/coffee drinkers outside with the comment that there had been many, many stories about politicians and sex scandals over the last couple of decades, but that Berlusconi was the undisputed champion. I was asked "What else has he done?" To which I responded, "As best as I can tell, the entire female population of Europe." And much of northern Africa, I might add.

No comments: