Saturday, October 9, 2010

If Simon and Garfunkel Had Been Skeptics

The Sound of Science:
Just had a very pleasant conversation with Iris. She pointed out this video to me, which I thought was clever. Our conversation concluded with a discussion of the sludge ponds associated with minerals processing and coal burning, which wasn't so pleasant, in light of this week's disaster in Hungary.  The sludge ponds are much more common than I think people realize... topic for another time, I suppose.

Speaking of which, I have a post started about the fact that a rescue shaft has reached the trapped Chilean miners- though their actual removal will not start immediately, they and their families must be overjoyed at this news.  But I have a little catching up to do, and have decided to back-burner this post for the time being.

No comments: