Monday, April 26, 2010

This Is Just Plain Wrong

After I finished that last post, I went outside the Interzone for a smoke. While it is not unusual to see a Prius parked at the curb, I don't think I've ever seen this plaque before.Now I'm not going to act like I'm offended, but this is just plain wrong.
  • T rex was not piscivorous.
  • Even if it was, its forearms were nowhere near large and strong enough to hold a fish that large, proportionally.
  • Its forearms weren't long enough to reach its mouth. The poor thing wouldn't be able to finish its meal.
  • And how could you let that dear, dear dino get so grimy?
  • Finally, even though this is a hybrid, I think you may be reinforcing the misconcept that gasoline is the result of dead dinosaurs. It's not. It's the result of dead algae. (I blame Sinclair)
So you have some 'splainin' to do, unknown Prius driver.

5 comments:

Mule Breath said...

I feel you have a misconception. Rex isn't eating the fish.. Rex is playing the fish. His anger is apparently because the fish is out of tune.

... as everyone knows...

... you can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

I have this on my car as well.

Lockwood said...

Mule Breath- grooooan!

ReBecca- somehow, that doesn't surprise me. But my comments aren't inaccurate, are they?

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

No, your right (but maybe its not a Tyrannosaurus). I just find humor in it. ;)
Admittedly, mine is filthy as well.

Lockwood said...

Well, yes. Squabbling about minor details, while overlooking the actual intended message of the plaque, was my intended tongue-in-cheek comment that I really liked it too! ;)