Friday, October 2, 2009

IMHO

Stole Ohman's title, too. One of the perks of spending much of my time on the busiest street adjacent to the OSU campus, especially at the beginning of the school year, is the numerous close-call non-accidents I get to witness. Most days, the number is 2-4, and that's just during the times I'm outside smoking or chatting with friends; I'm sure the total is much higher.

One of these days, it won't be a close call, or a non-accident; someone will be seriously hurt or killed. I really don't want to see it.

Sometimes the driver's not paying attention, sometimes it's the biker or the skateboarder, or the pedestrian. But texting drivers have been much in the news lately, and given recent studies showing that texting impairs driving ability as much as drunkeness, I'm all for banning it.

Just pay attention, take it slow on Monroe, and be careful, folks. I don't want to have to apply my rusty first-responder training on any of you.

No comments: