Friday, July 31, 2009

Coffee, Coffee, Coffee...

...coffee, coffee, coffee... I like coffee, do you like coffee, let's get some coffee, what shall we do with the coffee, let's get some more coffee...
The Mocha Lisa, in Sydney, Australia. The above is from SFGate, and I found another at DemocraticUnderground:
Rob Griffith /AP

I tried to find a story on the inspiration and creation of this wonderful, tongue-in-cheek artwork with no luck, but I did come across a link to a delightfully named coffee shop in Racine Wisconsin, also called the Mocha Lisa. To my fellow caffeine freaks in the northern midwest, greetings from Outside the Interzone. Ilikecoffee,doyoulikecoffee,let'sgetsomecoffee...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow.

I've been researching Georges Seurat all night -- I feel like he represents the beginning of digital graphics. I've been fascinated with Grande Jatte ever since I first saw it. How serendipitous to see the mona lisa represented the same way