Friday, June 26, 2009

And Sometimes It's Not

Sigmund Freud is attributed with the quote, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

To Rush Limbaugh, though, sometimes an affair is not just an affair. It's a perfectly reasonable and rational response to creeping islamosociocommunifascism, and the pending take-over by the brown people- whether they're wearing brown shirts or not. And the fact Sanford conducted this gross dereliction of duty on the government's dime is irrelevant.
"This is almost like, 'I don't give a damn, the country's going to Hell in a handbasket, I just want out of here,'" said Limbaugh. "He had just tried to fight the stimulus money coming to South Carolina. He didn't want any part of it. He lost the battle. He said, 'What the Hell. I mean, I'm -- the federal government's taking over -- what the Hell, I want to enjoy life.'"

"The point is," he added, "there are a lot of people whose spirit is just -- they're fed up, saying to Hell with it, I don't even want to fight this anymore, I just want to get away from it." (From TPM; audio at the link)
To which Freud would respond, I think, "...and sometimes it's not."

No comments: