Friday, January 23, 2009

What Rush is Rooting For

So I’m thinking of replying to the guy, “Okay, I’ll send you a response, but I don’t need 400 words, I need four: I hope he fails.” (interruption) What are you laughing at? See, here’s the point. Everybody thinks it’s outrageous to say. Look, even my staff, “Oh, you can’t do that.” Why not? Why is it any different, what’s new, what is unfair about my saying I hope liberalism fails? Liberalism is our problem. Liberalism is what’s gotten us dangerously close to the precipice here. Why do I want more of it? I don’t care what the Drive-By story is. I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: “Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails.” Somebody’s gotta say it.
So there you have it, right from the pig's mouth. I think I would be telling no less than the truth if I said I never hoped for Bush's failure. I hoped things would go well in Afghanistan and Iraq, I hoped No Child Left Behind would work out. But there's a difference between saying, "Given what I know, I don't think this will work," and "I hope he fails." A big difference.

But our little pig in the wings doesn't seem to get that. "America: Love It or Hate It, depending on who's in charge."

No comments: