Monday, January 19, 2009

A Farewell Salute

From Tom Tomorrow
With 14 hours and counting. At the time of my next post we will have a new president. I'm going over to Bill and Iris' house to watch the coverage on Comedy Central... I'm not too excited about all the ceremony and pomp and circumstance, but I expect Obama's speech to be a barn burner. Despite what you might infer from this blog, I expect him to be human. I expect him to make mistakes. I fully anticipate that he will seriously piss me off on multiple occasions. And I expect I will rant about those times. Unlike the right, I'm willing to admit that those I admire don't always do what I think is best, and I won't try to rationalize those times. In short, Obama is not going to be the answer to all my prayers.
But he and Biden are light years beyond where we'd be with McCain and Palin.
And... Dang! The guy knows how to deliver a speech!

2 comments:

Silver Fox said...

Yay! And glad that ugly mug in your sidebar is Gone, Done With, Disappeared.

Dean Wormer said...

Dang, that is well said. I share the expectations.

Comedy central would've been the way to watch that thing. I'm going to look for that online...