Friday, November 28, 2008

Oops. Missed This Contest.

Firedoglake, one of the politiblogs that I haven't unsubscribed to, announced a contest, ummm... (looking it up), about two weeks ago to come up with a title for Shrub's autobiography (which incidentally, I hear, publishers are encouraging him to postpone... seems they don't see a market for it [I'm not finding backup info on this, though I thought I saw a number of articles; may be mistaken here]).

I missed the announcement, but I did find the results entertaining:
The winner:
-- argo0 -- You Can Fool Enough of the People Some of the Time
The runners-up:
-- diablesseblu: Mendacity of Dope
-- Hugh: A History of the American Steal Industry
-- JimWhite: Dude, Where’s My Surplus?
-- demi: Strings Attached
And here's some other entries I particularly liked, some more than the above:
-- Badwater: Catapultin’ the Propaganda
-- sdfStu: Heckuva Job, Me
-- barbara: Laws Are for Sissies
-- sdfStu: Curious George Eats A Pretzel
-- druidbros: Bush and Dick: How We All Got Screwed
-- Gnome de Plume: How I Saved Amurica from Itself
-- Hugh: Preventive War: The Coloring Book
-- PursuitofHappiness: None Dare Call It Reason
-- pitchforksandtorches: The Holey Babble - my Foolish Talk from the Old
Testicle through the New Internets
-- bonkers: War and Fleece

These are just a few of many, many listed. Click over for more... which are your favorites? I suppose I should try to come up with a couple... let's see...

Let History be the Judge
How to Strengthen Democracy by Ignoring Votes and Polls
Just Like Ronnie: Dazed, Confused and Indifferent
and of course, this one is just too obvious: The End of an Error

Shoot, that took just a couple of minutes; I do wish I'd caught this before the results came out. Do you have a good one? Leave it in the comments- this is fun!

1 comment:

Distributorcap said...

on the same note
no one wants to touch his memoirs and the First Lady of Vehicular Manslaughter is shopping hers around....


"i married stoopid"