Thursday, October 31, 2013

#TwoSentenceHorror

So another Halloween Post happened to happen. After being reminded of the meme from July by the video clip next to last in the previous post, I decided to look at some others, and write a few of my own if I could, to fit the limitations of Twitter. I'm not going to claim these are any good; I don't yet have the distance necessary to judge my own writing. But there is a real pleasure in accomplishing "creepy" not only within the confines of two sentences, but within 121 characters, as well (The hashtag name + a space equals 19 characters). The first batch is my sole responsibility.
  • My dog simply won't stop begging for attention. I thought that was over when we buried it.
  • Had a dream I was on an African safari, & pack of hyenas was chasing me. Woke up with a gasp, realized they'd caught me.
  • I was the first victim of a plague that killed 90% of humanity. I'd just like to say, "I'm awfully sorry."
  • Some years ago, gave poison candy to neighbor kid. It killed him; wasn't caught, but brat still shows up every Halloween.
  • My cat brought me a "present" today. It was a still-warm human hand.
  • That old graveyard has always creeped me out. I just learned the reason: that's where I was buried.
Here's one that I'm not sure was intended to fit the bill, but it did:
  • MT "Ice cream scoop?" "Dammit Smithers, this isn't rocket science, it's brain surgery!"
And here are a few from this archive (Some very good ones, there, if you're enjoying these) that fit the Twitter constraint.
  • "You know that sensation on the back of your neck, that lets you know someone’s watching you? You should." -Gregory Lynn
  • "Day 312. Internet still not working."
  • "Wife woke me up last night to tell me there was an intruder in the house. She was murdered by an intruder 2 years ago."

    No comments: