Friday, September 3, 2010

Quick Note

I'll pick an interesting species and find some good pics tomorrow, but I just wanted to mention that tomorrow is "Vulture Appreciation Day." Here's my post from last year. These magnificent birds can incite responses of revulsion, but they are important members of many (perhaps most) ecosystems. They are also some of the largest flying birds alive today, though many are threatened or endangered. Even ugly birds deserve a little love. If you're so inclined, I invite you to join me in celebration of the Kings of Carrion tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dana Hunter said...

Duly celebrated. They're actually rather beautiful birds, when you really look.

Thanks for making me aware. I had no idea there was such a thing as a Vulture Appreciation Day. Funny ol' world, innit?