Thursday, January 15, 2009

Six Random Things

Dean Wormer has tagged me...

The Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Six random things about me-

1) I have worked as a newspaper boy, a babysitter, painter, sheep herder, in a pinball & video arcade (at the time when Breakout was a big hit), a pizza delivery boy, in a landscaping nursery, making nuts, bolts and other metal thingies at a machine shop, lab tech in a veterinary lab, field worker and lab tech in forest soils ecology, yard & landscape maintainence, geology field worker, reporter, geology camp cook, biology and general science teacher (high school), science education instructor, eucational consultant and contractor, short order cook at a local beer/burger joint, field trip leader, biology lab TA (college level), and that's just what I remember. That's also not including volunteer work, which list would be almost as long. Right now I'm unemployed, and my family supports me.

2) This is not the first time I've been tagged, but it is the first one I've completed. (Darius, I will get to yours, probably this weekend)

3) The same guy who tagged me with this awarded me as a "Superior Scribbler," over two months ago. I somehow missed that until just last week, and haven't yet composed an acceptance speech. I'm really pretty tickled about it.

4) I dislike sports, noise and crowds, and somehow all these end up going together. I'm also don't like cars, for a whole lot of reasons, but I recognize that they do have their uses. Unlike sports, noise and crowds.

5) I'm agnostic; I don't believe I can know anything meaningful about the existence or nature of God. And I believe that is a valid philosophical position, not just a lazy one.

6) I'm one of only a few people I know who really appreciates western Oregon rain. I generally describe it as gentle, soothing, affectionate and/or serene. I don't think most people see it that way. It also smells beautiful. But I do miss midwest thunderstorms.

I tag:

DCap
Micgar
Dr. Monkey
Kris
Garette
Greg and Kris

All of these folks are either relatives or followers... so I'm going to skip rule 5 and pretend I didn't see it. I promise I won't be hurt or offended if the tag victims choose not to notice this.

1 comment:

Dean Wormer said...

That's a pretty neat list of jobs. I haven't had much coffee this morning and read that first one as "I was a sheepherder in a video arcade." I guess that's sort of possible.

Silence is golden.

The rain is very much a part of Oregon and contributes to our unique psychological state of mind as a state but personally I could do without the snow. That was really stressful.

Thanks for playing!