Thursday, July 24, 2008

Oops

My parents used to ruefully shake their heads and say if my brother Clark and I were turned loose on a square mile of land with one square foot of mud puddle on it, we'd be in it in less than a minute. So I can relate to this kid's past time. BTW, getting a decent signal right now for some late night blog crawling. Exploring a bunch of geoblogging out there. This came from Geological Musings in the Taconic Mountains. Lots of cool stuff there- he's into geology as art. And art with geology. My kind of taste. Yum!


http://view.break.com/525219 - Watch more free videos

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Hi. I came over here from the blog of Enriched Geranium. This video made me think of an article I clipped from the newspaper a few years ago, and saved because it was so absurd. It's NOT from the Onion, btw.

"ZERO TOLERANCE FOR PUDDLE STOMPING
There was no kid glove treatment for a 12-year-old boy who stomped his feet in a puddle and sprayed his classmates and an Inverness, Fla. school official.

Deputy Tim Langer hauled Kyle Fredrickson off to jail Monday and charged the boy with disruption of an educational institution, a misdemeanor, for the incident.

Authorities said Kyle was walking back to class from lunch when Langer said the boy "purposely stomped in the water" after being told numerous times to stay with the group and out of the rain.

At that point Langer took the sixth-grader to a school office where the boy was cuffed, put in a patrol car, and taken to jail."

Sheesh.