Monday, May 23, 2011

Introducing Bif

Three months ago, I got a new kitteh, Bif, and I wanted to post some pictures of him for the GeoLOLCat meme that's going around.
This first one was taken his first night in my apartment; a beanie baby toy that had been given to me at Christmas of '09 is still one of his favorite toys. As you can see from the rest of the photos, he's filled out quite a bit since February.
Posing with a rock hammer...
Suspiciously watching me watch Jurassic Park...
Trying to figure what the heck I'm up to with that danged string...
And sleeping by the porch door. Why Bif? Well, it's a nice, trite male name, and when he arrived, I was struck by his fine stripes, which reminded me of laminated sediments. Shift the color balance to extreme red, and...The LOL's I've done of Bif can be seen at the GeoLOLCats post.

3 comments:

Dana Hunter said...

What a dignified and intelligent kitteh! I love that aristocratic look on his face - I don't think I've ever seen a cat that can look quite that royal before. He's beautiful!

Lockwood said...

Thanks! He's also noisy, needy little shit, but I figured I'd leave that out of his introduction. I think we may have had a breakthrough Friday, though. He was yowling at me as I was trying to read, so I shut him outside the bedroom. He spent an hour scratching at the door and howling like an alligator had fastened onto his leg. Then he gave up. An hour after that, I opened the door and let him back in. He was obviously deeply hurt and offended... but he was quiet. He's been much better since, and I now have a clear, firm way to get through to him that I do not appreciate his whining.

Anonymous said...

Awww what a sweet guy. Cats are the best.