Friday, December 4, 2009

'Tis the Season to Discriminate

Swiped from Professor Chaos. I had seen this news earlier, but my outrage capacitor has been pretty much burnt out over the years. I roll my eyes and sigh dramatically when I read stuff like this, and that's often about all I can muster. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate a well sharpened snarky arrow delivered to the heart of the matter, though. Quite the contrary.
From The Houston Chronicle: "They don't claim to know who's been naughty or nice, but some Houston charities are asking whether children are in the country legally before giving them toys."

I remember, in that one story, the Good Samaritan demanded papers before he helped anyone. And I recall learning in Sunday School that Lazarus almost missed his appointment with reanimation when the Provincial Office misplaced his birth certificate. I can't help but wonder if they're only asking for documentation from households that look... well, you know, sort of... browner.

No comments: