Monday, June 15, 2009

What's Going On?

I've read hardly any news since Thursday; as you might have noticed, I just completed three substantial geology posts. I hear the Iranian election is thought by many to have been a farce, and there's some pretty serious unrest and response. Frank Rich has a typically terrific Op-Ed in yesterday's NYT regarding the silence of the "moderate" right in the face of the unhinged right's words and actions. Many of us liberals have been saying much the same thing for a while now, but as always, Rich's piece is better written and documented than most of us could ever hope to accomplish. Anything else I should know about?

There are probably a number of regulars here at my favorite coffee shop wondering where the Sunday Funnies are. I'm probably not going to get a whole lot of news read today either... I'd like to get up a Monday edition of the funnies.

In the meantime, drop me a comment or e-mail if they announce the world is coming to an end... I'd like to have time to kiss my ass goodbye.

No comments: