Monday, June 15, 2009

Sunday Funnies: Monday Edition!

So some of my young friends have moved on for the summer, and some have graduated, and have moved on pretty much forever. It's a bittersweet time of year for me; I may see them briefly when they pass through town again, but we'll slowly loose touch with each other. On the other hand, they're so pleased to be done, and, rightfully, so proud of their accomplishments, and so eager to move on to the "real world" or graduate school, that it's impossible for me to be "sad" about it. (If only they knew the reality of either the real world or grad school... I enjoy saying, only a little facetiously, that the worst mistake I ever made in my life was applying for graduation.) But at any rate, to those newly minted graduates, and to those who've successfully defended recently (Yay, Amy! Yay, Ben!), I offer my hearty contragulations...
Sorry, Ian; I don't think we met, but I'm seriously hoping your life turns out better than that cake. Jen over at cakewrecks has been running disasterous gradcakes all week. This is one of my favorites. And what goes better with cake than a nice cup of freshly brewed coffee? What? Alright, who left the pot empty?


From here, via Buzzfeed. It's getting hot enough now that some nice cold water is a good alternative, though. Unless there's a hippopotamus in it. Or a dog pretending to be a hippopotamus; then it would be much too dangerous...
funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures. And after all that food and drink, this week's emergent theme appears to be body functions. All you middle schoolers are going to love this weeks funnies.
From Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal. Criggo is one of my favorite humor sites, where the tagline is "Newspapers are going away. That's too bad." So when I realized I didn't have anything from there in my lineup, I just had to go find something that fit the theme... this one does so admirably.
So this doggie would like you to desist from using gelatin desserts to ease the irritation:
(The title of this post was "I'm getting really sick of this nickname.") From Pets Who Want to Kill Themselves. And speaking of poop, I think I can say with a high degree of confidence that the last thing the world needs is a toilet that decorates...
engrish funny toilet decorates
(see more Engrish) ...and if I was to come across that sign, I would definitely take the advice of the following plan:
fail owned pwned pictures
(see more Fail Blog)

There are other body funtions, of course. For example, boogers...
(From Saturday Bulletin) ...and menstrual cycles, which have recently been shown to be susceptable to mathematical analysis: (XKCD)Then there are the bodies that function just fine, but underwent some quirky development. This young woman (I assume it's a young woman) seems to have taken it all in stride, with a cheeky sense of humor.
(From bmezine, this post. Front page here, but many posts NSFW; I think the name stands for Body Modification e-zine)

Rather than humor, this kitteh has reacted with rage at being implanted with a terminator eye.funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

And this kitteh is shaken by what it has witnessed in today's "funnies" so far.
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

This little kitteh invented an entirely unique language...
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

...while this ketteh has merely expanded the definition of "black hole." Nothing that enters the box has a chance of escape.
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Speaking of black holes, Pictures For Sad Children suggests they may be just wild and crazy parties at an atomic level:
What with budget cuts and all, I imagine many of you are being forced to economize. I hope you are not the one being economized! Have a good week at work, and try to keep in mind that however bad things may get, there's always a high probability they're going to could get much, much worse.
political pictures for your blog
see more Political Pictures

And make sure you keep up to date on all the relevant paperwork!
harrison ford and mark hamill
(see more Lol Celebs)

See you in the funnies!

3 comments:

Micgar said...

As usual I love your Sunday Funnies-this one being the Monday edition! There's something for everyone here!

Lockwood said...

Thanks, Micgar!

Unknown said...

the ennui comic had me laughing aloud in public despite severe embarassment...