Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Whoa! This is a Complete Surprise!

Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston have broken up! Oh, that's so sad... they made such a cute couple. I had just mentioned Knockwurst a few days ago... and it looked like everything was going so well. I guess Levi needed to get some partying out of his system before he, ya know, was really ready to deal with adult responsibilities. "Sorry darlin', I'm just not all that in to you any more. And I'm just not the type to be anchored down with kids." Any bets on whether he actually completes his GED? Any bets on how many other young women he impregnates before some would-be father-in-law blasts that irresponsible bastard's brains into next week?

And regarding Granny's political future, the Gov may want to talk to Ann Coulter regarding the republican attitude toward unwed mothers. Or not, you know, I'm just sayin'. And if you haven't been reading Margaret and Helen... well, it doesn't take anything from me if you do. It's not like there's only so many slices, and someone loses out if you get there first. You really ought to be reading that blog. It's almost like Molly Ivins is still with us.

And poor Bristol. That girl is getting "grow up fast" lessons that no one should ever have to face. All snark aside, I do feel bad for that poor kid and her kid.

Well this really is a surprise: Up until this point, I haven't had a "snark" label. I guess that means this is the first snarky piece I've done in this blog. ; )

5 comments:

Darius Whiteplume said...

I hate that the kid has to take flack over something that is all too common, but it is a bit hard to have empathy when her mother is part of the machine that makes it shameful. Still, I don't know anything about the girl, so I don't like to be mean. Hell, she might be another Ron Reagan Jr.?

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

It was not a huge surprise to me. They are way to young to deal with a baby, plus all the extra crap.

Lockwood said...

ReBecca- I was being ironic. I think most of us are surprised that they maintained the illusion of a loving couple as long as they did. I was not, however, being ironic about my sympathy for Bristol- whatever I may think her mother- and my disdain for Levi.

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

No worries ;)
I agree with what you have to say, sarcasm/irony and all. :)

Dean Wormer said...

It does suck for her. Kids shouldn't be used as political props.