Saturday, February 21, 2009

Caturday: And Now I'm Missing a Finger

This dates back to near the beginning of the year. My family was out for Christmas, and when they all went back east, I ended up with some left overs. Among them was some frozen, ready-to-eat shrimp. Ozma Likes! Really, Really Likes! She does not like taking food out of my hand though, and the tension could get pretty funny. When I acted as if I was going to take it away, she would grapple my legs and meow loudly. But when I held it back down for her, she would purr and just sniff it, not actually pick it out of my grasp. And now I'm missing a finger. (No, not really. I finally just set it down, and it disappeared immediately. She was very affectionate afterward.)

1 comment:

The Young Swell said...

Most cats I've known wouldn't take a handout, but would take a hand off. I's part of their endearing, independent natures.