Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Geo 1095: May 13, Day 863: Precipice Perspective

As I illustrated with a crop from a topographic map a few days ago, this section of road is on an extremely steep headwall of a cirque at the head of (what I presume would be called) Lost Creek Canyon. I'll bet your eye was caught pretty quickly, as was mine, by the warning/speed limit sign in the upper left side. I'll also bet you didn't notice the similar one for traffic coming uphill, in the lower right.
Yep. There's a road down there.
Generally, I only post one photo per daily piece, and occasionally two to help clarify or extend an idea or feel of a location. I think this is the first time I've posted three, with the exception of a few "teaser posts," where I'm trying to capture a few highlights of a particular day's stops. In this case, I think these work well together, but the second and third wouldn't really be noteworthy on their own.

Photos unmodified. October 9, 2014. FlashEarth location.

No comments: