Saturday, January 30, 2010

Today's IZ Special

Was indeed special: The Janet Relleno"Anaheim chili filled with mozzarella cheese, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini, cooked in a light egg batter. Served with home fries, pinto beans, corn tortillas, avocado, sour cream, salsa verde and a fresh tomato sauce." When I put my order in, Justin- the inventor and creator of this dish, was on break. Iris immediately got on the hotline...
Justin soon showed up and clowned for the camera as he put the finishing touches...
...on this:
My computer was soon pushed to one side, and the coffee refilled.
Below, in its last moments of existence.
It was a terrific combination of flavors and textures. I don't generally put hot sauce on things I'm trying for the first time, and I had been told it was "pretty spicy." It was, but in the chili flavor sense, not in the hot sense.

Justin had prepped 25, but they sold all but 7 or 8. Which means if I want another, I have to get in and order early tomorrow. I'm going to try.

2 comments:

Callan Bentley said...

Nice "geology rocks" bumper sticker!

Lockwood said...

You wouldn't believe how many people comment on it: it's like 2 or 3 people a week, ever since I stuck it on there!