Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Funnies

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures... convergent evolution, I guess.
Many of my eastern US blogospherian buddies have been buzzing about the blizzard. Their coverage is less clouded than the above. Criggo

About a buoy...
"London's ambassador in Spain was obliged to make a public apology on November 20 after British soldiers based in Gibraltar shot at a boy painted in the colours of the Spanish flag during target practice."
From a Reuters news release which was later corrected to read "buoy" rather than "boy."
From Regret the Error, via TYWKIWDBI. Here's another from Regret the Error, to which I have just now subscribed:
Earlier this week, we called congressman Jason Chaffetz a self-hating weirdo, an asshole, a probable closet case, and the son of Kitty Dukakis. He is not the son of Kitty Dukakis. We regret the error.
("Error" at Gawker) Thanks for pointing me at this blog, Minnasotastan! And here's another:
Luke Surl often puts "hovertext," a small text box that appears when you put the cursor over the picture without clicking," under his comics. Click over to see the hovertext for this one... pretty funny.
Tree Lobsters
Old joke, nicely retold- note that the buttered side should be facing up and away from the cat's back. Science is cool. The Daily What
tim burtons mad hatter totally looks like madonna
see more Celeb Look-A-Likes
rihanna
see more Lol Celebs
Criggo
john cleese
see more Lol Celebs
funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures

A couple of Barack's emails, via The Guardian:

To: All White House Staff Subject: My Nobel Peace Prize acceptance

All: By now I'm sure you've had a chance to watch the speech I gave in Oslo – about the paradox of receiving an award for peace in a time of war, of how we must sometimes use force to fight force, and other entries from the manual my speechwriting guys keep on their office bookshelf (On the One Hand This, On the Other Hand That: How to Use Contrasts to Seem Judicious and Fair-Minded). But above all, I stressed how humbling it was to receive the same prize as Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Aung San Suu Kyi and Mother Teresa. I must say I was deeply impressed by my own humility. Humbled by it, even. I don't want to brag – that wouldn't be humble at all – but I really felt I was pretty damn humble. Which was nothing if not humbling.

Humbly, Barack
Also too,

To: Sarah Palin
Subject: Re: I liked your Nobel speech because I believe too in how good and evil there is sometimes war, but too I think you should boycott the Copenhagen summit as history's lessons show us, often.

Huh. Thanks, I guess. I'd always assumed you'd have a ghostwriter for your emails as well, but apparently not.

Barack
What I expect from the Health Reform bill, when all is said and done. Noise to Signal
Sugar and spice and everything nice... and armed to the gills. Picture is Unrelated.
Oddly Specific
robert smith
see more Lol Celebs
Medium Large
Brown Sharpie. Too True.
My First Dictionary
My first thought on seeing this was that the artist had captured the third dimension of the tiger with an uncanny knack. Click over to Skull Swap to see how this effect was achieved. Really, please do. It's amazing.
Ugliest Tattoos
Darius Whiteplume's Tumblr
political pictures for your blog
see more Political Pictures
Edgerton's Earth, from Driftglass.
Probably Bad News
SUV divided by zero... That Will Buff Out
Depends on who's coming over for Christmas, I guess. Criggo
carrie prejean
see more Political Pictures
Oddly Specific, indeed.
Skull Swap
Buttersafe, via The Daily What
funny graphs and charts
see more Funny Graphs
The word I've been seeing associated with pictures like this is "Squee!" Skull Swap
Blackadder
This is another one of those times when I feel like adding a caption is overkill. Darius Whiteplume's Tumblr (note: he didn't add the caption)
josef stalin
see more Political Pictures
Skull Swap
Blame It On The Voices
A smart person knows the best thing to say.

A wise person knows when adding the f-word improves it.
DuhismNon Sequitur
What Would Jesus Deliver? I'm guessing anchovies; enough to feed a crowd. Skull Swap
Funny, painful or cute? Why not all three? Skull Swap
GraphJam
"Seasoning's Greetings" from Cake Wrecks. Holiday cakes seem to bring out the funniest bakers; there's a whole series of Christmas Cakes to bring on the Yuletide levity.
Probably Bad News
This is my own, taking the idea from Probably Bad News. I found that image a little too painful to make light of.
The Daily What
Stairway to Nowhere... There, I Fixed It
Criggo
There's a collection of coloring book pages from this person (kid? I'm sort of hoping not) at Epic Win... I was torn between this and the "Hulk Power Ballad" piece.
Be Good. Be Very, Very Good. Blackadder
Darius Whiteplume's Tumblr
georgie henley and james mcavoy
see more Lol Celebs
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
engrish funny upon existing
see more Engrish
Oddly Specific... With the title, "There is also a sign here."

see more Lol Celebs
Blackadder
Epic Win
Blackadder... lysdexia can be tebirrly diciffult to deal with.
epic fail pictures
see more Epic Fails
Criggo
The Daily What
This will be funnier if you've been following Regretsy (it's a Photoshop combination of two regrettable products), but even if you haven't, it's hysterically surreal.
epic fail pictures
see more Epic Fails
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where I work, we used to have a stairway to nowhere like the one above. They did it because one of the building in downtown Indy was severely damage by high winds a few years back. Since my employer was not using a floor they temporarily rented it to a law firm. They seemed to be really anal about security.

Lockwood said...

My two guesses were that it might be a piece of "concept" art, or that it might be a house subdivided into apartments... so your comment is a third possibility.