Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Funnies

This has been one of my most exasperating posts ever... pictures won't load, Windoze Explorator keeps crashing, one locking up Windoze along with it, and I've had to restart twice. Grumpy, but I think we have an explanation... the whole Microsoft crew has gone looney:bill gates
see more Political Pictures

My First Dictionary summarizes my mindset perfectly...I seem to have come across quite a few religion-themed funnies this week. Samurai Frog found a whole passel of them. This one was my favorite, but there's quite a few more on this post. The Good Kentuckian reminisces about the good ol' days...
I don't remember who pointed me at this blog, but I appreciate it. Try to imagine the Colbert Report if Jed and Granny Clampet were the hosts. If you think Jonanthon Swift's "A Modest Proposal" (Wiki, Text) was a little tepid and shy, The Good Kentuckian might be up your ally.

Those danged science revisionists are still at it; if four elements were enough for Jay-Zus, they oughtta be enough for chemists. (From the Stupid Idea blog... this was another recent find I'll be keeping an eye on)
Yet another fairly recent find that I've been meaning to give a shout out to is "It's Lovely! I'll Take It!" This is kind of a Cake Wrecks for real estate. Sometimes the pictures are funny in themselves, but the real humor is in the author's dead-on snark. The following was titled, "We represent the realtors guild, the realtors guild, the realtors guild."
The accompanying text reads: "A teeny tiny little real estate agent took this photo, holding the camera as high as he or she could. The camera was too heavy for the teeny tiny little real estate agent's arms; thus the blurriness. Poor teeny tiny little real estate agent." I try to avoid swiping other's posts in their entirety, but this was just too funny to NOT pass along. Highly recommended.

The ever-dependable "Pets Who Want to Kill Themselves" depicted an ingenious feline who's learned to find it's own seafood... ...but that look of irritation shows a kitty who's just realized how hard it is to chow down with a great glass bubble over your head. The sea food, on the other hand, is terrified, but has developed a surprising counter-measure:Yes, my friends, that is exactly what it looks like: a flying squid. (From here, via Pharyngula)I don't recall if I've posted funnies from Picture is Unrelated (front page here) before... think of this spot as a surreality show. The real question here is "How did that happen?" Lots of funny thoughts in the comments.

Criggo somehow manages to make me laugh more often than any other website. Recently the site prompted me to look up some information on a holiday that, to me at least, was fairly obscure: Armed Forces Day. According to the linked Wiki, it's the third Saturday of May in the US. Other countries celebrate similar holidays, but on different dates. (Above here, below here)Unbeknownst to me, right about the time I was posting my own slight modifications to our Vulcanizer-In-Chief, Maureen Dowd posted an op-ed accompanied by the following artful rendering of our favorite alien. I most often don't read MoDo, so I didn't even see this until Monday or Tuesday.
After my closing comment on the validity of comparing rocket science to teaching in a recent post, I had to put up this picture:
moon landing
see more Political Pictures

I found this pretty funny, but honestly, this dog is so goofy looking that the second line just becomes overkill. Earlier this afternoon I commented to Iris that I'd bet every adult on the planet remembers some kid from elementary school who looked just like this.
funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures

Returning to Barack for a moment, here's one more example of how things are changing in the country:
barack obama
see more Political Pictures

A number of leaders made me laugh this week...
osama bin laden
see more Political Pictures

boris yeltsin
see more Political Pictures

(This was titled "The Zen of Alaskan Politics")
sarah palin
see more Political Pictures

Have a good week at work, but if you need a distraction to completely shut down any useful activity (for whatever reason), break this out. (Hat tip to Duhism)

So looking at my "post options," I started putting this together shortly after four. It's now after 8:30. I'm sticking a "Sick and Tired" tag on this post... but I hope you enjoy the funnies as much as I did. And I really hope you have an easier time reading them than I did getting them up.

3 comments:

Dean Wormer said...

That baby laughing thing makes me so happy.

Lockwood said...

Hey Dean, glad you like it. Like I said, it's impossible to think or do anything else when that clip is playing. Glad to see you back... have you been busy?

Silver Fox said...

Was worth it! Glad you persevered through crashes, alligators, snakes...