Thursday, May 14, 2009

Libertarian Paradise

Elizabeth sent me this about a week ago, and I quite enjoyed it. I saw it on one other blog, but I don't know if it really got good circulation. I do think there's a case to made against too powerful a central government, but "big government" could mean a lot of things to different people. For example, strong public health infrastructure and public beaches and other parks shared by everyone may be some people's idea of sheer hell. Other people might find rampant wire tapping and evesdropping, and torture to falsely justify an unecessary and illegal war to be examples of a government that's a little out of hand. One thing, though, will never change: the party that's out of power opposes the philosophy of the party that's in power. Unless, of course, the party out of power is brain damaged. Then they just oppose everything.

Yay! I've got cholera!

No comments: