Wednesday, April 15, 2009

No Teabagging Here

All the teas at my favorite coffee shop are bulk.
Could I offer you a strainer?
After all, what's the fun in teabagging if you get all those loose twinings in your mouth?

I have to admit, I'm kind of naive about a lot of this stuff, and the unintentional double-entendre associated with this event was completely off my radar until late last week or so. I'm horrified, not by the name itself, but by the complete idiocy and obliviousness of the other major party in this country.

Iris and Sam and I had a funny converstation about this topic a moment ago, and I figured while I had the camera motor up and running, I'd share a picture of Sam, another of my favorite Interzone People. I thought this came out well. I have lent Sam a number of Sci-Fi/Fantasy books over the last couple of years, notably Connie Willis and George R.R. Martin. She adores the "Song of Fire and Ice" series, and has been dragging her reading out the fourth volume for several months now, trying to make it last until the next volume comes out. I have been so accustomed to thinking of her as "Sam," that when she sent some links in an e-mail a while back, with the sender identified as "Samantha (lastname)," it was actually a couple of hours before I realized who it was from.

No comments: