Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We Control Teh Vertical... Sorta

So this blog has had a problem that dates back some time. Back in August, I was getting irritated by all the blank space I couldn't use, and most especially by the fact that pictures were either shrunk to the point of loosing much of what made them interesting, or were cut off by the edge of the main window.

So I got into the html, tinkered around, and figured out how to widen the main window. The cute little roundy corners that give this blooger "skin" its name, "rounders" were still cute little roundy corners on the left, but they were odd (if still cute) teeth about 2/3 of the way to the right in the main window. Good enough for me. A little disheveled, a little disorganized, but pretty sharp overall. Perfect for me, actually.

Then in November, for some reason, Bloogger decided they needed to connect those cute little roundy corners. And all of the sudden, there was a stray line running down the right middle of my blog. It was very irritating. But I sort of figured if it could show up without warning, it might go away in the same manner. I've been thinking about getting in there with all the html programming skills I have available to me (if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail) and fixing it. My prediction regarding the results of such "fixing" can be seen on the post linked at the beginning of this paragraph.

Well, Callan left me a comment a bit ago "Lockwood, you gotta do something about that vertical line running through your blog! " So I have. Commented out are the cute little rounder corners. Commented out are the pointless lines connecting them. Take that Blooger! Keep in mind that now I have figured out that "/*" and "*/" make anything go away, I will respond appropriately to any further incursions on my formatting. I'm willing to call a truce, right here, right now. But mess with me any more, and I may end up commenting out the entire internet.

To everyone else, if we're lucky, the critical mass chain reaction will only take out my apartment, maybe the block. If I've got this wrong, every computer on the planet will crash tomorrow. So, "Sorry, My Bad," in advance.

5 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

That line irriated me too but I was willing to let it go.

Silver Fox said...

Whew!

And you sound like you're working secretly for one of those black-hole generating projects. ;)

And "presshi" - the press says hi - an Orwellian term for "they're watching you"!

Callan Bentley said...

Ahhhhhh.... Much better.

dguzman said...

Fight the power!

My word verif is "ammendin"--a tribute to your correction efforts!

Dean Wormer said...

I wouldn't start a fight with Blogger. They own everything. They're bigger than the vatican.

"missprit"

One of the characters in the Clue board game.