Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Confusion in the Bible Belt

Greatest Graph Jam EVAR!
song chart memes
more music charts
I linked to this site a while back ('scuse me while I go find the link), but this is genius and I had to share. Also, there's an old joke you may not have heard...

Q: Did you hear about the agnostic dyslexic insomniac?
A: He used to lay awake at night wondering if there was a dog.

Followup: It occured to me that another concern a dyslexic evangelical might have is "How many angles can dance on the head of a pin?"

3 comments:

Silver Fox said...

He'd say, "Is there a dog?" I've always wondered if there was a dog.

That's my favorite joke, and the only joke short enough that I can routinely remember it.

Dean Wormer said...

Ha!

My favorite pie chart graph compares "pie I have eaten" to "pie I have not eaten."

Lockwood said...

Silver- as a science person, I've basically decided that I can't know if there's a dog, and I hope that doesn't irritate the dog.

Dean- You know, I was thinking about tracking that very one and including with this post; not only is it funny, I think it would be a great tool for helping kids understand the idea of pie charts.