Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Don't be Distracted.

I don't think this could be stated more clearly or compellingly:
As ridiculous a choice as Palin is for national office, let's not lose
sight of the real scandal here -- John McCain has the judgment of a small child.
Tasked with the most important decision of his presidential campaign, McCain has
managed to demonstrate incompetence, cynicism, and recklessness, all at the same
time.

"[W]e are reminded," Eugene Robinson writes today, "if we did not realize it before, that the three things not to expect from a McCain presidency are caution, prudence and a willingness to always put the nation's interests above his own."

Washington Monthly

Let me be clear: as much fun as I've had snarking on Palin, I would rather trust her with the presidency than McCain. I disagree with her fundamentalism, her social stances, I distrust her in terms of her honesty, I think her hypocrisy in "supporting" her daughter's "choice" in bringing the baby to term when Palin's position is that women shouldn't have a choice, is repugnant. But I think she's mostly sane. McCain has the temperament of a spoiled four-year-old. And that scares the living hell out of me.

No comments: