Saturday, May 2, 2009

Caturday: I'm Comfortable

As I've mentioned before, Ozma was a feral cat before she decided to move in with me a bit over a year ago. She has reluctantly tolerated me picking her up and moving her, but up until a couple of weeks ago she would not tolerate being held. If I insisted on holding her, she was very convincing in her arguments that it was a very bad idea. I'll save the story about how she overcame this reluctance for another time, but over the last couple of weeks, she has decided that my lap is the most comfortable place there is. This can interfere with my computer games. She is particularly fascinated with space battles, and their flying, 'splodey little lights, though in the last few days, I think she has come to understand that they are not moths or other aerial edibles. She doesn't monitor the monitor the way she did at the beginning of the week. She is still learning the nuances of lap occupancy, and has a tendancy to slide into positions that are simply untenable. I have little scabs all over my thighs and arms from her catching herself. For a while I would try to move her back to more sensible positions, but I figure she has to learn sometime. I'm willing to tolerate a few scabs to further her education. This is by far her favorite spot, cradled in my left arm, wedging herself deeper. Below, she has repositioned herself to be on my arm rather than sliding through. Within a few minutes, though, she'll be sliding again. We both has a happy over this recent development.

And to answer Dean's question, Ozma was the Princess of Oz- loving and gentle, wise and tolerant, but not one to cross. Look at that last picture, and tell me that's not an appropriate name.

2 comments:

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

Awwww...cute cat!

Katie said...

I am so glad to finally see her!